This post may contain affiliate links. If you click one of the links and make a purchase, I will receive a small percentage from the sale.
I am so excited to be hosting the Holiday Stashdown CAL this month. My pattern this month is for the Mermaid Dreams Boot Cuffs. It is the perfect accompaniment to the Mermaid Dreams Wristers. I used some wonderful yarn from Premier Yarns, the Deborah Norville Serenity Garden in the Gems colorway. This yarn is a great alternative to the hand-dyed yarn I used from Butterfly Dreams with its long color changes and vibrant colors. There are several great colorways for this yarn.
Mermaid Dreams Boot Cuffs Pattern Information
STITCHES & ABBREVIATIONS: st(s) – stitch(es), ch(s) – chain(s), sp – space, hk – hook, sk – skip, yo – yarn over, sc – single crochet, sc inc – single crochet increase, sc dec – single crochet decrease, dc – double crochet
Yarn I used Deborah Norville Serenity Garden in Gems
F (3.75mm) hook
16 sts x 18 rows = 3 inches
I recommend a swatch of at least 20 sts x 22 rows.
- You are free to sell items from this pattern. However, if you do choose to sell items made from this pattern, I recommend a retail pricing of $15-20 done in a non-premium yarn. If using a premium yarn, price should adjust accordingly. This recommendation is made in an effort to protect other sellers and the integrity of this pattern.
- Beginning chs do not count as st unless otherwise noted.
- Be sure to check your gauge before starting or the boot cuffs may not fit properly.
- Read through the entire pattern before starting.
- I like to use this method from Crochet Ever After for joining foundation single crochet stitches to work in the round: http://crocheteverafter.com/tutorials/single-crochet-tutorials/foundation-single-crochet-join-in-the-round/
- Pattern is written in smallest size with changes in parentheses.
- Sizes based on calf measurement:
- Teen/small adult: 12-13 inches
- Adult: 14-15 inches
- Large adult: 16-17 inches
- XL adult: 18-19 inches
Foundation single crochet: Ch 2, insert hk in 2nd ch from hk. Yo and pull through (2 loops on hk), yo and pull through 1 loop (ch made), yo and pull through both loops (first st made). For each subsequent stitch, insert hk in ch made, yo and pull through (2 loops on hk), yo and pull through 1 loop (ch made), yo and pull through both loops.
Shell: In indicated st or ch sp, (dc, ch 1) 6 times and dc once more.
Mermaid Dreams Boot Cuffs Pattern
Round 1: Foundation sc 56 (64, 72, 80). Join to work in the round. OR ch 56 (64, 72, 80) loosely, join to first ch being careful to not twist the chain, ch 1, sc in same ch and each around. Join. <56 (64, 72, 80) sc>
Round 2-6: Ch 1, sc in first st and each around. Join. <56 (64, 72, 80) sc>
Round 7: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), sk next st, *dc in next, ch 1, sk next st* around. Join in 3rd ch of beginning ch. <28 (32, 36, 40) dc and ch-1 sps)
Round 8: Ch 1, sc in each st and ch-1 sp around. <56 (64, 72, 80) sc>
Round 9: Ch 1, *sc, sk 3 sts, shell, sk 3 sts* around. Join. <7 (8, 9, 10) shells>
Round 10: Ch 3 (counts as dc), *sk 1st ch-1 sp of shell, sc in next sp, ch 1, sc in next sp, ch 3, sc in next sp, ch 1, sc in next sp, sk last ch-1 sp, dc in sc between shells* around, ending last repeat with a sc. Join.
Round 11: Ch 1, *sc in dc, shell in ch-3 sp* around. Join. <7 (8, 9, 10) shells>
Round 12: Ch 3 (counts as dc), *sk 1st ch-1 sp of shell, (sc in next sp, ch 1) 3 times, sc in next ch-1 sp, sk last ch-1 sp,** dc in sc between shells* around ending last repeat with at **. Join.
Round 13: Ch 1, sc in each st and ch sp around. Join. <56 (64, 72, 80) sc>
Round 14-18: Repeat rounds 7-11. Finish off.
I had to share this picture that my daughter captured because I love my dog! His name is Dickens, and he is only about 8 months old (I think) and not done growing. He is half Catahoula and half Labrador.
I hope you enjoyed the Mermaid Dreams Boot Cuffs pattern! Make sure to check out the Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016 group on Facebook and Ravelry to stay up to date on all the fun, prizes and patterns. And if you make the cuffs and join in here is the giveaway link. Let me know what you think about the Mermaid Dreams Boot Cuffs and keep your eyes open for more patterns in this line (plus child sizes of the boot cuffs).